I usually try to refrain from posting work-related stuff since you quickly start riding a fine line for what content is acceptable, but today I'll go ahead. We are (still) in the middle of our "restructuring" (a.k.a. 10% downsizing). Quick update from my seat of visibility:
- April - first "efficiency" announcement internally and to wall street. Announced to complete in 90 days (August).
- June/July timeframe: Number of "redeployments" affected several groups. A few friends of mine were affected by this. Since this was the first action, everyone I know was able to find another job inside Intel.
- July: 1000 Manager reduction. My manager and my 3rd level manager were both laid off.
- August: Announcement that analysis was complete on time, but execution on that analysis would take until the end of the year. Redeployments would occur in September.
- September: Redeployments will occur WW39 for managers and WW40 for other employees. In normal terms, WW39 is the week beginning September 25th and WW40 is the week beginning October 2nd.
- Last week: My admin was "redeployed" and I'm told that our group will have a 20% reduction. Another group I work closely with will have a 75% reduction.
For those reading that think that the process is very long, I agree, but will offer that it appears as though management is trying to work the logistics of the process in such a way as to make sure that people that are affected are eligible for a few bonuses. If true, that's a nice silver lining to this particular cloud.