Monday, November 13, 2006
- Copy/paste of HTML tables into applications (Microsoft Word and Excel) doesn't work nearly as well as with IE
- Proxy changes don't happen without at least an extra trip to the options. To be fair, IE 6 didn't handle it at all, but since the browser lacked tabs, starting a new instance wasn't a difficulty
- Some internal web sites designed the authentication in a manner that required another click to get in
- When printing, some pages arrive with parts chopped off from the right
- Some web sites (e.g. Wachovia) would break randomly for no apparent reason. Sometimes they would work, sometimes not
Other than the fatal flaw, I agree wholeheartedly with the Cnet.com review of IE7. Firefox remains my default browser.